Save your engine from complete timing failure from dropped timing belt with this performance-designed IE/ARP Crankshaft Damper Bolt Upgrade.
UNRELIABLE STOCK CRANKSHAFT TIMING GEAR
The factory installed crank damper and timing belt drive gear interface is one of the highest failure issues with the VW & Audi 20V 1.8T and 12V 2.0T FSI engines. This timing interface does not have a safety factor from the factory and commonly leads to lost timing and complete engine failures. This issue is only increased on performance engines when combined with higher RPM. The factory bolts are frequently shipped loosely without thread protection. leading to erratic clamping loads and further resulting in engine failure rates.
RELIABLE PERFORMANCE DESIGNED REPLACEMENT BOLT
This IE designed and ARP manufactured Crank Damper Bolt addresses all the issues with under-spec factory bolt providing a strong, reliable, and quality upgrade solution. Manufactured from aerospace grade materials resulting in extremely consistent thread quality and strength. This timing increases clamping loads by over 10%, reliably ensuring a slip-free interface and protection against sheared timing gear keyways.
IE ARP CRANK DAMPER BOLT TORQUE SPECS & INSTALL NOTES
- Using a 13/16” 12 point drive and quality verified torque wrench, torque your new IE/ARP crank bolt to 78 FT-LB + 1/4 turn using red Loctite®.
- The final 1/4 turn equates to a lot of torque, this requires a long bar to complete the turn, be prepared.
- Thoughrouly clean and inspect the threads in the crankshaft ensuring they are clean and free of debris before installing your bolt.
- This IE ARP bolt is reusable if for any reason you need to remove it, heat the bolt interface before removing without exceeding 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
1.8T 20V 06A ENGINE
- Audi - A4 1996-2001 (B5 - B5.5) 1.8T 20V engines (late 06A only)*
- Audi - A4 2002-2005 (B6) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - A6 1998-2004 (C5) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - A6 Allroad 1998-2004 (C5) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - TT 2000-2006 (MK1 - 8N) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - A3 1996-2003 (MK1 - 8L) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - S3 1996-2003 (MK1 - 8L) 1.8T 20V engines
- VW - Golf 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V engines
- VW - GTI 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V engines
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V engines
- VW - Passat 1998-2005 (B5 - B5.5) 1.8T 20V engines (late 06A only)*
- VW - Beetle 1998-2011 (1C - 9C - 1Y) 1.8T 20V engines
*IE/ARP Crankshaft Damper Bolts are designed for use on late 06A 1.8T engine blocks only, they will not fit on early 058 engine blocks found in B5 A4 and B5 Passat models. 058 engine blocks are identified by having an external water pump and internal drive shaft.
2.0T FSI (EA113) 06F ENGINE
- AUDI - A4 2005-2008 (B7) 2.0T FSI
- AUDI - A6 2005-2011 (C6) 2.0T FSI
- AUDI - A6 Allroad 2005-2011 (C6) 2.0T FSI
- AUDI - TT 2008-2015 (MK2 - 8J) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- AUDI - TTS 2008-2015 (MK2 - 8J) 2.0T FSI
- AUDI - A3 2006-2013 (MK2 - 8P) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- AUDI - S3 2006-2013 (MK2 - 8P) 2.0T FSI
- VW - GTI 2006-2009 (MK5) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- VW - Golf R 2012-2012 (MK6) 2.0T FSI
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 2006-2010 (MK5) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- VW - Passat 2006-2010 (B6) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- VW - EOS 2006-2015 (1F7) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
IE ARP Crankshaft Damper Timing Gear Bolt Upgrade For 1.8T 20V 06A & 2.0T FSI Engines
- Product Code: ARP-06A-01
- Availability: Out Of Stock